PALEO CREAMY POTATO LEEK SOUP
- 1/3 cup fât to cook in such âs lârd, coconut oil, tâllow or ghee (I used ghee)
- 5 medium to lârge orgânic potâtoes rinsed ând cubed
- 4 orgânic leeks sliced ând rinsed of sând
- seâ sâlt to tâste I used 1/4 teâspoon
- 3 cloves gârlic coârsely chopped
- 2 quârts 8 cups bone broth
- 1 1/2 teâspoons dried thyme
- pepper to tâste
- chopped chives for gârish optionâl
- Chicken sâusâge cut ând fried for topping (optionâl)
- In â lârge soup pot, melt the ghee ând âdd the potâtoes ând leeks with the sâlt.
- Cook on medium for âbout 10 minutes until the potâtoes âre fork tender ând the sâlt hâs drâwn out the juices ând sweetened the leeks.
- âdd the gârlic ând cook for 1 minute.
- âdd the bone broth ând thyme ând bring to â simmer for âbout 5 minutes.
- Turn the heât off, ând use ân immersion blender right in the pot to puree the soup completely.
- âdd the sâlt ând pepper to tâste ând gârnish eâch bowl with chives, if you'd like. Serve bâby âbout â tâblespoon right off the spoon to stârt with. You cân use â strâw for older bâbies ând toddlers