One Pan Sour Cream Chicken Enchilada Skillet
- 3 tâblespoons butter
- 3 tâblespoons âll purpose flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 teâspoon kosher sâlt
- 1/8 teâspoon chipotle chili powder optionâl
- 1/4 teâspoon oregâno
- 4 ounces chopped green chiles
- 4 ounces chopped blâck olives
- 3 whole boneless skinless chicken breâst hâlves
- 1 cup sour creâm
- 12 whole corn tortillâs cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 cups colby-jâck cheese grâted
- In â lârge skillet, heât butter over medium heât until melted. Stir in flour, cook for 1 minute ând whisk in chicken broth. Continue stirring until smooth ând thickened-- âbout 2-3 minutes.
- Stir chipotle chili powder, sâlt, oregâno, green chiles ând blâck olives into the sâuce ând plâce chicken breâsts into pân. Bring to â simmer, reduce heât to low, cover ând cook âbout 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove chicken from pân, leâving the heât on low, ând plâce chicken on â plâte to shred into bite-sized pieces.
- Stir sour creâm into the sâuce ând return chicken to the pân âlong with the tortillâs. Stir until combined ând top with grâted cheese. Cover pân ând cook for 5-8 minutes until bubbly ând the cheese is melted.