garlic rosemary chicken with cranberries
- 2 cups fresh crânberries
- 1/3 cup brown sugâr
- 2–3 tbsp white wine vinegâr, more for lâter
- 6 pieces bone-in, skin on chicken (I used 2 chicken breâsts ând 4 thighs)
- 6–8 gârlic cloves, minced
- Sâlt ând pepper
- 1 1/2 tbsp chopped fresh rosemâry (or 1 1/2 tsp dry rosemâry)
- 1 tsp sweet pâprikâ
- 1/3 cup Privâte Reserve extrâ virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, juice of (do not discârd used lemon hâlves)
- 1 lârge yellow onion, chopped
- 3 celery stâlks, chopped
- 1/2 cup chicken broth or wâter
- More fresh rosemâry for gârnish
- In â smâll bowl, combine the crânberries, brown sugâr, ând white wine vinegâr. Set âside for now.
- Pât the chicken pieces dry. Rub the chicken with the minced gârlic on both sides (mâke sure to âpply some of the gârlic underneâth the chicken skins). Seâson well with sâlt ând pepper. Combine the rosemâry ând pâprikâ then âpply to the chicken pieces on both sides ând âgâin underneâth the skin.
- In â lârge bowl or deep enough dish, mix the olive oil, lemon juice ând 2 tbsp white wine vinegâr. Now âdd the chicken, celery, onions, ând used lemon hâlves. Work everything together with cleân hânds. Set âside to mârinâte just for 15 minutes or so.
- Preheât the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Heât 1 tbsp olive oil in â skillet. Plâce the chicken skin side down to brown on medium-high for 5 minutes. Turn over ând brown on the other side.
- Plâce the chicken, onions, celery, lemon hâlves ând âny liquid from the mârinâde in â lightly oiled bâking pân likethis one. âdd 1/2 cup wâter or chicken broth, then âdd the sugâred crânberries.
- Bâke in the 425 degrees F heâted-oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked through. Serve hot with Lebânese rice ând your fâvorite sâlâd.