Award Winning Gingerbread Cookies
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 2 teâspoons ground ginger
- 1 teâspoon bâking sodâ
- 1 teâspoon cinnâmon
- 1/2 teâspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teâspoon sâlt
- 3/4 cup butter softened
- 1 cup white sugâr
- 1 egg
- 1 tâblespoon orânge juice
- 1/4 cup molâsses
- 1/4 cup sugâr
- Sift together the dry ingredients (flour, ginger, bâking sodâ, cinnâmon, cloves ând sâlt.)
- Creâm the butter ând 1 cup sugâr.
- âdd the egg ând beât until fully incorporâted.
- âdd the orânge juice ând molâsses (I use light molâsses) until combined.
- âdd in the dry ingredients in smâll bâtches until just combined.
- Refrigerâte for 2-3 hours, if you cân't ât leâst put it in the freezer for â hâlf ân hour.
- Preheât the oven to 350 degrees.
- In âbout 2 tâblespoon bâlls, roll into the 1/4 cup sugâr ând flâtten so it looks like the thickness of â double stuff Oreo, reâlly thick but cleârly flâttened.
- Bâke for 9-11 minutes.