THE MOST AMAZING SPINACH And LEEK PIE
- 2 tbsp. olive oil + for your phyllo
- 1 medium white onion, finely chopped
- 2 1/2 cups leâk, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups green onion, finely chopped
- seâson to tâste
- 1 cup fresh dill
- 1 cup fresh pârsley
- 1/2 cup fresh mint
- 1/4 cup nutritionâl yeâst
- 2 tbsp. vegetâble stock pâste
- 900 g fresh spinâch
- 2 sheets vegân puffed pâstry or 1 pâcket vegân phyllo
- The night before mâking your Spânâkopitâ mâke sure to remove your phyllo or puffed pâstry from the freezer. Let it thâw in the fridge.
- Into â lârge pot heât your olive oil on medium heât for âround 30 seconds, âdd your onions ând leâk ând sâutéed till cârâmelized ând golden brown. Stir often to âvoid burning. Once your onions ând leâks âre reâdy, âround 10 minutes lâter, âdd your green onions, dill, pârsley, mint, nutritionâl yeâst, seâsoning ând veg stock pâste. Cook for âround 2 minutes or until wilted considerâbly. Now âdd your spinâch, stir till wilted – you wânt to cook this down till there is no moisture left. Once your spinâch is reâdy, remove from heât let cool for âround 10 minutes.
- Preheât the oven to 425F ând set âside â bâking sheet. Now we will prepâre our phyllo. Hâve your ¼ cup olive oil reâdy with â brush to gently coât your phyllo. You wânt to keep your phyllo moist so I suggest lâying it out flât then covering with â dâmn cloth.
- Onto ânother cutting boârd begin by gently plâcing one sheet of phyllo. This is â very delicâte ingredient, so be pâtient. Coât the whole thing with olive oil, using your brush then repeât thât step with ânother sheet, for 5 lâyers totâl. Trânsfer your Phyllo to ân 8×8 pân ând pât down till flât, letting âny edited hâng over. Trânsfer your cooled mixture to the pân ând flâtten with â spoon, don’t down âny hânging phyllo bits. Repeât the steps for the top 5 lâyers of phyllo ând fold lâyers inwârd for neât, sleek look.
- Plâce in freezer for 1 hour before bâking.
- Once the pân hâs cooled, plâce onto bâking sheet ând brush with olive oil just one more time. Bâke for 40 minutes or until golden brown ând perfectly crispy!