STUFFED SWEET POTATOES WITH CHICKPEA SPINACH
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 1-15 ounce can chickpeas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper plus more for serving
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 cup baby spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- Flaky sea salt for serving
- Crushed red pepper flakes for serving
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Prick the sweet potatoes with a fork and roast for 45-55 minutes until they are just tender. Let the sweet potatoes cool for 5-10 minutes before halving them lengthwise and fluffing their flesh with a fork.
- While the sweet potatoes are roasting, make the crispy chickpeas. Drain and rinse the chickpeas. Pat them dry with paper towels. Remove any loose outer skins. In a small bowl, toss the chickpeas with 1/2 tablespoon olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper and cumin.
- Spread them in a single layer on a parchment paper-lined sheet pan. Bake for 25 – 35 minutes until crisp and browned, gently shaking the pan about halfway through cooking.