Instant Pot Perfect Carnitas
- 3 1/2 pounds boneless pork butt roast
- 1 large onion,, peeled and chopped
- 6 cloves garlic,, minced
- 1 cup orange juice
- 4.5 ounces Old El Paso Chopped Green Chiles, (1 can)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ancho chile powder
- 2 teaspoons liquid smoke
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt, and pepper
- Trim the extra fat off the pork roast and cut it into large 2-inch chunks. Turn the Instant Pot on Sauté. Sprinkle the pork chunks with the ancho chile powder, cumin, oregano, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Toss to coat. Add half the pork to the Instant Pot and brown on all sides. (The pork will pull away from the bottom of the pot when it's caramelized. No need to add oil.) Then transfer the pork to a plate and repeat with the remaining pork.
- Take all of the pork chunks out of the pot. Sauté the onions and garlic for 2 minutes to soften. Then add the pork, orange juice, Old El Paso Chopped Green Chiles, and liquid smoke to the pot. Stir well.
- Lock the lid into place. Set the Instant Pot on the Meat setting. Pressure cook for 30 minutes.
- Get more instructions, visit https://www.aspicyperspective.com/