DIANE’S NO FAIL FRENCH BREAD
- 2 tablespoons dry yeast I prefer SAF brand
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 2 cups hot water
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon (yes tablespoon!) sea or Kosher salt
- 5 tablespoons vegetable or canola oil
- 6 cups All Purpose flour divided ( I often use 2 cups of bread flour)*
- 1 egg *optional beaten- for glazing bread
- Dissolve yeast in 1/2 cup warm water.
- In a separate large bowl combine hot water, sugar, salt, oil and 3 cups of the flour. Stir well.
- Add the yeast mixture to the hot water-flour mixture. Mix together with large wooden spoon or paddle attachment.