Green Pea Salad with Bacon and Cheese
- 4 slice bacon
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp white sugar
- 1 salt, to taste
- 1 ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 package (20 oz) fresh green peas
- 2 stalk celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄3 cup onion, chopped
- Place bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes.
- Drain on paper towels, then crumble. Reserve 1 tablespoon bacon grease.
- In a bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, reserved bacon grease, honey, sugar, salt, and black pepper until the dressing is smooth.
- Click here to view more instructions