Grain-Free No-Bake Homemade Protein Bars
- 2 cups nuts (preferably soaked)
- 1/2 cup organic flax meal (flax seeds ground in a blender or spice grinder)
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut (unsweetened and organic if possible)
- 1/2 cup seed or nut butter (made from soaked and dried nuts or seeds is preferable)
- 3/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup organic coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp xylitol (or other granulated or liquid sweetener--see Recipe Notes)
- 2 tsp organic sugar-free vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar-free chocolate chips (melted; or try these Homemade Chocolate Chips or this Homemade Chocolate Bar for a DIY option)
- Place nuts or seeds, flax meal, coconut, seed or nut butter and salt in the bowl of a food processor.
- Process until the nuts or seeds are ground into a coarse meal.
- Melt coconut oil over low heat. If the temperature of your home is around 76 degrees, you can skip this step and add the oil directly to the food processor as it will be soft enough to process easily.
- Click here to get complete recipe