Extra-Fluffy Chocolate Mousse
- 6 oz. semisweet or bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1/2 c. heavy cream
- 1 tbsp. powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- Pinch kosher salt
- 2 large pasteurized egg whites
- 2 tbsp. granulated sugar
- Whipped topping, for garnish
- Chocolate shavings, for garnish
- Fill bottom of a large pot with 3” water and bring to simmer over medium heat. Reduce heat to low, then place a large heatproof bowl on top. Add chocolate and butter and stir occasionally until chocolate is melty and smooth. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl using a hand mixer, or in the bowl of stand mixer, beat heavy cream with powdered sugar, vanilla, and salt until stiff peaks form.
- In another large bowl using a hand mixer, or in the bowl of stand mixer, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Continue to beat, while gradually adding sugar, until stiff peaks form.
Get complete recipe >> click here