EASY FRIDGE PICKLED VEGETABLES
- 1 cup vinegar*
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup shredded radish
- 1/3 English cucumber (cut into matchsticks)
- 1/2 red onion (sliced thin)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 TBSP chopped green onion
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp sugar (skip for whole30)
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano leaves
- Wash and dry a medium-large mason jar.
- If you're not using pre-shredded carrots and radish, slice into matchsticks along with your cucumber. I use the slicer on my cheese + veggie grater/slicer to slice the radish and cuke in to thin slices, then chop lengthwise into thin strips. It's so super speedy!
- Bring water and vinegar to a boil in a medium saucepan.
- Add green onion, garlic, sea salt, oregano, and sugar. Stir until sugar dissolves and remove from heat. Allow pot to cool 5-10 minutes.
- Place the veggies in your mason jar and slowly pour the hot vinegar mixture over the veggies. If you'd like to enjoy them slightly al dente (vs. soft) feel free to let the liquid cool even more before adding it to the jar.
- Get complete recipe >> Click Here