Creamy Parmesan Orzo with Chicken and Asparagus
- 1 lb chicken breast, boneless and skinless (about 3)
- 1/2 tsp salt, or to taste
- 1/2 tsp pepper, or to taste
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup asparagus, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups orzo, uncooked
- 2 cups half and half
- 3 cups chicken broth, low sodium, or water
- 1 1/2 cups Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tbsp parsley, chopped, for garnish
- Season the chicken breasts with salt, pepper and paprika on both sides.
- In a large skillet heat the 2 tbsp of olive oil over medium-high heat. Sear the chicken for about 5 minutes per side, or until golden brown and cooked through. Depending on the thickness of your chicken you might need longer time. Transfer the chicken to a warm plate; set aside.
- In the same skillet add the asparagus and saute for about 3 minutes, just until it starts to soften and starts to brown a bit.