- 8 fresh mint leaves
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 to 2 tsp. granulated sugar
- 1 oz. cream of coconut*
- 3 oz. light rum
- club soda or sparkling water
- lime wedges, mint, and sweetened flaked coconut for garnish, if desired
- Place mint leaves, granulated sugar (I find the coconut mojito plenty sweet enough with just 1 teaspoon sugar), lime juice, and cream of coconut in a tall sturdy highball glass. For better dissolving, use superfine sugar if you'd like. With a cocktail muddler or the back of a sturdy spoon, press and gently twist the mint leaves against the side of the glass. Stop muddling when the mint is bruised and fragrant, but not yet torn, as tearing the mint too much can create a bitter taste.
- Add 3 ounces white rum. Fill the glass 3/4 full with ice cubes or crushed ice. Fill the remainder of the glass with sparkling water or club soda. Stir thoroughly.
- Click here to view more instructions