Asparagus Casserole in a creamy Alfredo sauce topped with crisp cheesy bread crumbs. This asparagus bake is easy and impressive.
- 2 lbs asparagus trimmed
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter divided, plus more to grease casserole
- 2 1/2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 cups half and half (or equal parts milk and heavy cream)
- 2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup parmesan cheese divided
- 1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs
- Preheat Oven to 400˚F with the rack in the center. Butter a 9x13 casserole dish. Arrange trimmed asparagus in prepared casserole dish, packing it down for a fairly flat and even surface.
- Place a saucepan over medium heat. Melt in 3 Tbsp butter then add 2 1/2 Tbsp flour and whisk constantly for 3 minutes or until butter just starts to turn golden in color. Whisk in 2 cups half and half, 2 tsp garlic salt and 1/4 tsp black pepper. Whisk until sauce just starts to thicken then remove from heat. Sprinkle in 1/2 cup parmesan and whisk until cheese is melted and incorporated.
- Get more instructions >> Click Here