Almond Tea Cakes with Wild Blueberry Jam
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup almond flour (almond meal) or ground blanched almonds
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup wild blueberry jam, room temperature, stirred
- powdered sugar for dusting
- 48 mini muffin paper baking cups
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a 24 mini muffin tin with baking cups. Alternatively, line a baking sheet with the mini muffins cups spaced 2-inches apart.
- In the bowl of a food processor, pulse the flour, almond meal, sugar, baking powder and salt until blended. Add the butter, vanilla and almond extract. Pulse until the mixture becomes a soft dough.
- Using a small cookie scoop (flat - not heaping) roll balls of cookie dough into tight balls. With the cookie dough ball cupped in one hand, make an indentation with the pinky finger from the opposite hand into the center of the ball. Make the well half the depth of the dough ball, then place it in the baking cup, with the hole facing up. If the dough ball starts to crack or split, re-roll until it’s smooth, tight and pliable.
- Click here to view complete recipe