THE ULTIMATE VEGAN CHOCOLATE CAKE
If you're looking for the chocolate cake of your dreams, this is it. No one will even know it's vegan!
- 2½ cups all-Purpose flour
- 2½ cups white sugar
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2⅔ cups non-dairy milk (such as soy or almond)
- ⅔ cups light oil (such as canola or vegetable)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup vegan butter (such as Earth Balance)
- ½ cup vegetable shortening
- 1¼ cup powdered sugar
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 - 2 tablespoons non-dairy milk (if needed)
- To Make the Cake: Preheat your oven to 350F (180C). Prepare two 8" round baking pans by lightly greasing them, and then cutting a circle of parchment paper to fit into the bottom.
- In a large bowl whisk together all of the dry ingredients, then set aside.
Get more instructions >> Click Here