Roasted Tomato Soup with Fresh Tomatoes & Basil
- 2.2lb / 1kg Fresh Tomatoes
- 1 cup / 250ml Chicken Stock, or more to preference (can sub vegetable stock)
- 3-4 cloves Garlic, skin on (or more if you're a garlic lover!)
- 1 medium White Onion, diced
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1 tbsp Tomato Puree
- 1 handful Fresh Basil
- few sprigs of Fresh Thyme
- splash of Balsamic vinegar
- Salt & Black Pepper
- Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 200c/390f.
- Slice your tomatoes in half and evenly place them flesh side up on a suitably sized tray. Generously season with salt and pepper, then flip over. Chuck on your garlic and thyme, drizzle with olive oil and pop in the oven for 30mins or until wilted and lightly charred.
- Meanwhile, melt your butter in a suitably sized pot and add your onions. Fry over low medium for a good 15-20mins until golden and caramelized. Add your tomato puree and fry for a minute or so, then deglaze with a splash of balsamic vinegar.
Get complete recipe >> Click Here