Maja Blanca (Coconut Pudding)
Maja Blanca made with coconut milk, sweet corn kernels, and toasted coconut. Rich and creamy, this coconut pudding makes a delicious snack or dessert.
- 2 cans (14 ounces each) coconut milk 14 oz each coconut milk
- 1 can (14 ounces) cut corn, drained
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut flakes
- In a saucepan, combine coconut milk, corn, and sugar. Over medium heat, bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally until sugar is dissolved.
- In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and cold water until completely smooth. Slowly add to coconut milk, whisking vigorously to prevent lumps.
- Continue to cook, whisking regularly, for about 2 to 4 minutes or until mixture thickens to a smooth paste consistency.