HOMEMADE TOMATO SOUP
- 1 large white onion diced small
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 28-ounce cans diced or pureed tomatoes (7 cups)
- 2 cups vegetable stock (Low or no sodium added)
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp white pepper (up to 1 tsp; to taste)
- 3 leaves bay
- salt to season
- 1 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- Add the olive oil, onion and garlic to a dutch oven or large saucepan and sauté over medium low heat until the onions have fully cooked and softened.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer for 30-40 minutes, stirring often.
- Remove the bay leaves and purée with an immersion blender until smooth. You can also use a regular blender during the soup in 2 or 3 batches as necessary. Be sure that the lid to the blender is vented or pressure can build up inside and the cover will blow off, creating a very messy kitchen.
adapted from rockrecipes.com