HEALTHY VANILLA CAKE BATTER OATMEAL
A smooth, creamy and delicious oatmeal which has the taste and texture of actual vanilla cake batter! This healthy vanilla cake batter oatmeal can be enjoyed hot or cold and is suitable for those following a vegan, gluten-free, dairy free and sugar free lifestyle!
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (I used gluten free rolled oats)
- pinch sea salt
- 1 1/4 cups dairy free milk of choice, divided
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg (for a vegan option, sub for 1 flax egg- 1 T flax + 3 T water)
- 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder (optional but highly recommended)
- 1 T coconut flour, sifted
- 1 T granulated sweetener of choice (optional)*
- Sprinkles to top, optional
- Combine oats, salt and 1 cup of milk in a saucepan or microwave safe bowl until most of the liquid is absorbed. Whisk in the whole egg very well (or flax egg) and continue cooking for another 1-2 minutes, until oats are extremely fluffy.
Get complete recipe >> Click Here