CARROT CAKE OAT MUFFINS (VEGAN & GLUTEN-FREE)
Tender, packed with carrots, and sweetly spiced, these carrot cake oat muffins make a great grab-and-go breakfast or snack!
- 2 tablespoons flax meal + 5 tablespoons water
- 1 3/4 cups oat flour
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted, or grapeseed oil
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup-1 cup carrots, grated or finely chopped
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup raisins
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C). Line a 12-cup muffin pan with foil liners, or lightly grease the pan.
- In a medium bowl, place the flax meal and water. Mix; set aside in the fridge for 10-15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix the oat flour, oats, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, nutmeg, and salt until there are no chunks.
Get complete recipe >> Click Here