BLUEBERRY STRAWBERRY FRENCH TOAST CASSEROLE
Blueberry Strawberry French Toast Casserole is a delicious overnight casserole, made with day old French or Italian bread, fresh strawberries and blueberries, and topped with a sweet blueberry sauce that will feed a crowd for breakfast or brunch.
- 12 slices day-old French or Italian bread cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 8 ounce packages cream cheese, cut into 1 inch cubes (Can use light)
- 1 cup fresh blueberries rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup fresh strawberries sliced
- 12 eggs beaten
- 2 cups milk I used Almond Milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Spray a casserole dish or 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray. Arrange half the bread cubes in the dish, and top with cream cheese cubes. Sprinkle 1 cup blueberries and 1 cup strawberries over the cream cheese, and top with remaining bread cubes.
- In a large bowl, mix the eggs, milk, vanilla extract, and syrup. Pour over the bread cubes. Cover, and refrigerate overnight.