Anti-Inflammatory Coconut and Sweet Potato Muffins with Ginger, Turmeric, Cinnamon, and Maple Syrup
- 1 small organic sweet potato, roasted
- ¾ cup organic coconut milk
- 2 tbsp. organic olive oil
- 3 tbsp. ground flaxseed in ½ cup of water
- 1 cup organic brown rice flour
- ¼ cup organic coconut flour
- ½ cup pure maple syrup or unpasteurized honey
- 1 tbsp. aluminum-free baking powder
- ½ tsp. Himalayan salt
- ⅛ tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- ⅛ tsp ground cloves
- 1 tbsp. Ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Make several holes in the skin of the sweet potato using a skewer, and place it on a baking tray.
- Cook for an hour. When cool, cut the sweet potato in half, scoop out the insides, and put them in a large bowl.
- Add flaxseed, coconut milk, olive oil, and maple syrup. Mix the dry ingredients in another bowl, and add them to the previous mixture.