15-Minute Hot Dog Coney Sauce Recipe
A quick-fix coney sauce recipe featuring ground beef, ketchup and the perfect mix of spices.
- 1 pound 80/20 ground beef
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 cup + 2 tablespoons water, separated
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- In a large saute pan over medium-high heat, add the ground beef and break it apart using a wooden spoon. Saute the ground beef for 10 minutes, or until completely browned and cooked through.
- If desired, spoon out the majority of the grease by first removing the pan from the heat or open flame. Then, using a spatula, push the meat to one side of the pan. Have ready a small bowl to collect the excess grease. Tilt the pan slightly and spoon out the grease. Wipe any drippings away, and return to the heat.
- Get complete recipe >> CLick Here