Thrifty Homemade Sandwich Bread
- 1 cup hot water
- 2 Tbsp Sugar
- 2-3/4 tsp yeast (1 packet + 1/2 tsp)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour OR bread flour
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 tsp salt
- Mix together the hot water (not scalding, but hot from the tap), sugar and yeast and stir. Let sit for about 10 minutes, allowing the yeast to "bloom"
- Dump this mixture into a stand mixer and mix in the vegetable oil, salt and the flour, one cup at a time, using your dough hook. Alternatively, you can use a hand mixer to combine the ingredients and then knead it by hand
- Continue mixing a few minutes until dough clings to the bread hook and doesn't stick to the bowl. Mix another 3-4 minutes after the non-sticky dough is formed.
- Get complete recipe >> Click Here