The Best Vegan Bacon: How To Make Vegan Bacon Using Rice Paper
- 8-10 pieces rice paper
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 3 Tbsp tamari (or soy sauce if you don't have tamari)
- ½ Tbsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp liquid smoke (you can also sub 1 Tbsp bbq sauce if you do not have access to liquid smoke)
- ½ Tbsp maple syrup
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp of Hungarian paprika
- Cut rice paper into thick strips,by laying two sheets on top of one another. Use a large, very sharp knife to cut the sheets into strips by placing the blade onto the paper and pressing firmly. The rice paper will crack a bit- but using a very sharp knife should eliminate major breakage.
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Prepare 2 baking sheets with sheets of parchment paper.
- Click here to view complete recipe