POTATO, CHICKPEA, AND SPINACH CURRY
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 pound new potatoes, washed and cut into evenly-sized chunks
- 1/4 cup white onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (15.5-ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes in juice
- 1 (13.5-ounce) can full-fat coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons yellow curry powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2-1/2 cups, packed, fresh spinach leaves
- Add the oil to a medium-sized pot over medium-low heat. When hot, add the onion and cook for 3-4 minutes or until they begin to soften. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the chickpeas, tomatoes in juice, the coconut milk, and all the seasonings. Mix to combine.
- Add the potatoes. Reduce the heat to simmer, cover and cook for 50-60 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender.
- Get complete recipe >> Click Here