ONE PAN LEMON CHICKEN WITH ASPARAGUS
- 4 chicken breasts boneless, skinless
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour for paleo or plain gluten free flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt plus more for seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper plus more for seasoning
- 1 pound asparagus stalks ends trimmed and then cut in half
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 zest of lemon
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 cup chicken stock aim for a lower sodium stock
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley roughly chopped + more for garnishing
- Place the chicken breasts between two pieces of plastic cling wrap and pound them down to make them even in thickness. This will help the chicken cook evenly and make for more tender chicken. If your breasts are extra thick you can also just cut/slice them in half.
- Place the flour, salt & pepper in a shallow dish and gently toss the chicken breasts to coat in flour.
- In a large skillet add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and bring to a medium high heat. When the oil is hot add the chicken to the skillet and cook each side for about 5 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Once cooked remove the chicken and place on a paper towel lined plate. Set aside while you cook the asparagus.
- Click Here to get complete recipe