MARDI GRAS KING CAKE
- 3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 package (2 1/4 teaspoons) Quick Rise yeast
- 1 cup milk (120º to 130º)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened, cut into 12 pieces
- 2/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered (confectioners) sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- dark green, purple, and yellow or gold sugars
- miniature plastic baby
- Mix 2 1/2 cups flour and yeast in mixing bowl, using the paddle attachment, on low for about 30 seconds.
- Heat milk, sugar, and salt in a small saucepan over medium heat until sugar is dissolved and milk is between 120º to 130º.
- With mixer on low, pour in liquids and mix until incorporated. Add eggs one at a time. Continue mixing until a shaggy dough forms.
- Get complete recipe >> Click Here