LOW CARB KETO SOFT PRETZEL BITES
A low carb and keto friendly of soft pretzel bites. This easy snack doesn't need any yeast. It tastes delicious paired with cheese sauce!
- 3 cups part skim low moisture shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 3 large eggs one egg is reserved for egg wash
- 2 cups superfine almond flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp coarse salt
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
- In a small bowl, whisk together almond flour and baking powder. Set aside.
- Add mozzarella and cream cheese to a large microwave-safe bowl. Cover the cream cheese with mozzarella so that it is not exposed in the microwave. Melt cheeses in the microwave at full power in 30 second intervals. Stir after each 30 seconds and continue cooking until cheeses are completely melted and form a uniform cheese dough. (See photo in post for reference). This should take around 2-2 ½ minutes total. Do not try to microwave the full time at once because some of the cheese will overcook. You can also melt the cheese over the stove in a double boiler.
- Click here to view complete recipe