Low Carb Crack Slaw Recipe
INGREDIENTS YOU WILL NEED: (CUT IN HALF FOR SINGLE BATCH)
- 2 lbs. Ground beef or turkey (your choice on meat)
- 2 bags Dole (or other brand) Classic Cole Slaw Mix
- 4 Green Onion
- 3 tsp minced garlic (I used real garlic and cut up just a few slices, adjust to taste)
- 3 tbsp Soy Sauce (I used light soy sauce to taste, doesn’t have to be exact)
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- *Optional add a single serve packet of splenda. I did not but see that some do.
- Ground hamburger in pan as you normally would.
- In separate pan I put sesame oil, soy sauce, chopped up green onion and chopped up garlic together and stir fried it until tender. I then added the cabbage (cole slaw mix) , crushed red pepper and ground ginger and cooked until mostly tender, it still had a slight crunch to it which I prefer over super soft cabbage. Once that was done I drained the excess fat off of the hamburger and added it to the pan with the rest of the ingredients and stirred. I did add a touch more soy sauce for flavor but not much.
- Turned out awesome. The hubby and son loved it. Low carb, moderate fat and moderate protein, perfect!
- Click here to view complete recipe