Keto Chile Relleno Casserole
- 2 pounds ground beef preferably pasture-raised
- 3 small onions diced, or 2 large (OR less, for stricter Keto, depending on personal preference)
- 1 cup water filtered
- 14 ounces (or about 1-1/2 cups) red salsa fresh pico de gallo or jarred, (homemade or store-bought)
- 8 ounces cheese grated (aged cheddar)
- 8 ounces whole green chilies canned, cut along one line and opened so they can be splayed
- 8 ounces diced green chilies canned
- 1 7-ounce jar tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 Tablespoons psyllium husk powder (NOT husks, see link below); for Paleo version use 2/3 cup cassava flour; for GAPS version/Keto variation use 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar or 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon baking soda, sifted
- fresh cilantro, minced, for garnish
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a large casserole dish, like a 9" by 13".
- In medium size bowl combine salsa, tomato paste and cumin, stirring well. Measure out 1 cup. Set aside.
- Combine in small bowl: psyllium husk powder, baking soda and optional cream of tartar. Set aside.
- Get complete recipe >> Click Here