Italian Easter Cookies (Taralli Dolci)
This holiday make Italian Easter cookies (taralli dolci)! These are a traditional cookie often flavored with citrus, anise, almond, or vanilla and are made from a simple, soft dough then glazed and topped with sprinkles.
- 2 1/2 cups (12 oz) all-purpose flour, scoop and sweep method
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 8 tbsp (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 - 5 tbsp milk, plus more if needed
- gel coloring, optional
- sprinkles or nonpareils, optional
- Make the Cookie Dough
- Mix together the flour, salt, and baking powder and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and granulated sugar until they are light colored and rather thick and bubbly, 3-4 minutes.
- Whisk in the melted butter and vanilla until smooth.
- Get complete recipe >> Click Here