Homemade hummus recipe
- 1/3 cup good-quality tahini
- 1/4 cup cold water, or more if needed
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 medium cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- juice of 1 lemon (2-3 tablespoons)
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas*, rinsed and drained
- optional toppings: extra drizzle of olive oil, chopped fresh parsley, sprinkle of ground sumac or paprika, toasted pine nuts
- Add tahini, cold water, olive oil, cumin, salt, garlic and lemon juice to a food processor. Puree until smooth.
- Add in the chickpeas. Puree for 3-4 minutes, pausing halfway to scrape down the sides of the bowl, until the hummus is smooth. If it seems too thick, add in another tablespoon or two of water.
- Taste and season with additional salt, cumin, and/or lemon juice if needed.
- Get complete recipe >> Click Here