easy traditional irish colcannon recipe
- 4 cups of russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 cups of shredded cabbage (I used pre-packaged slaw)
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 4 Tbs salted butter, divided
- 1 cup of sour cream (I used Mexican sour cream)
- Boil potatoes in salted water until fork tender, drain and return to same pan.
- Add sour cream (or Mexican Crema) to potatoes, pepper and 2 Tbs of butter, mashing gently to allow for a chunky texture.
- While potatoes are cooking, sauté cabbage and green onions in 2 Tbs butter over medium heat until cabbage is soft and starting to char. Add to smashed potatoes and stir.
- Get complete recipe >> Click Here