EASY CHOCO-BANANA BARS
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces, 8 tablespoons) butter, melted (I use salted butter)
- 1 cup (7.5 ounces) granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup buttermilk or sour cream
- 2 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 18 ounces, 4 medium bananas)
- 2 cups (10 ounces) all-purpose flour (see note about using whole wheat)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup (.75 ounces) natural, unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9X13-inch baking pan and set aside. I use a metal baking pan for this recipe; a glass baking pan may require additional baking time.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the butter, sugar, egg, vanilla, buttermilk (or sour cream), and mashed bananas. Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt and mix until no dry streaks remain (don't overmix).
- Scoop half of the batter into a second bowl (about 20-22 ounces of batter if you are weighing your ingredients). Add the cocoa powder to this bowl and mix until evenly combined.
- Get complete recipe >> Click Here