CHICKPEA VEGETABLE SOUP
A hearty and delicious vegetable soup with chickpeas. This vegetarian version of the feel-good chicken soup has all the same warm and comforting flavors, and is loaded with vitamins and minerals.
- 1 yellow onion, peeled and chopped
- 4 carrots, diced or sliced
- 3 celery stalks, diced
- 1 1/5 cups diced potatoes (I used baby yellow, red, and purple potatoes)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 cups water (or your favorite broth)
- 1-2 tablespoons No Chicken Base (if using water)
- 2 (15 oz.) cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- In a large soup pot over medium low heat, saute onion in a tablespoon of olive oil or water until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the carrots and celery, and saute until veggies just begin to soften, another 2 minutes. Add the potatoes, garlic, and thyme and saute another minute.
- Get complete recipe >> Click Here