BROWN SUGAR CINNAMON ICE CREAM
The best ice cream for all your fall pies! Because this recipe will need to chill before churning you might want to make it a day ahead. The prep time listed includes the chill time.
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 large egg yolks
- 1/2 cup chopped cinnamon chips
- This recipe calls for an ice cream churn. You can use any kind you like, but make sure if you are using the countertop variety, that you put the canister in the freezer while you mix up the sweet cream base and let it chill so everything is ready to go at the same time.
- In a medium saucepan whisk together the heavy cream, milk, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Bring it just to a simmer, stir, and then remove from the heat. Stir in the vanilla.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the yolks. Stirring constantly, add about ½ cup of the hot liquid to the egg yolks. This helps to temper them, cooking them super slowly and bringing the temperature up gradually. Whisk in another ½ cup of the hot liquid, and then one more.
- Get complete recipe >> Click Here