Bourbon Chicken Copycat Recipe
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Lbs of skinless chicken thighs. My early attempts I used chicken breasts. I found the cheaper chicken thighs better matched the flavor and texture of the food court.
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper (I used 4 turns on the pepper mill)
- 1/3 Cup soy sauce
- 1/3 Cup Bourbon (or whatever brown whiskey you have sitting around. Dark rum would probably work too). If you don’t keep alcohol in your house you can substitute apple juice or cranberry juice. If you use juice, use a little less brown sugar. It really is delicious with just apple juice and no Bourbon.
- 1/2 Cup water
- 1 Tbsp rice vinegar (white wine vinegar or plain white vinegar would do if you don’t have rice vinegar)
- 1/2 Cup brown sugar, tightly packed
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch dissolved in 3 Tbsp cold water
- Cut the chicken thighs into 1 inch pieces, and remove any excess fat or skin.
- In a small bowl combine the ginger, pepper, soy sauce, whisky, water, garlic, vinegar and brown sugar. Set aside.
- Get complete recipe >> Click Here