BAKED TOFU WITH MUSHROOMS
- 1 pack organic Firm or Extra Firm Tofu
- 1/2 lb Organic Baby Bella Mushrooms or any on hand (approximately 1/2 pack)
- 4 Garlic Cloves crushed
- 1 1/2 cup Roasted Pepper Pasta Sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Chili Flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 2-3 Sprigs Lemon Thyme optional/I used fresh
- 1 1/2 cup Cheese shredded (I used aged Provolone Cheese + Sharp Cheddar)/You may use any that you like or have.
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- Tofu Prep: In a large bowl add about 3 cups of warm water and 2 tbsp Salt (I used sea salt); Stir. Take Tofu out of the package and place in the salted water for about 10 minutes. Take it out after 10 minutes, and press lightly tofu block with either heavy skillet or a heavier pot to remove excess water (you can use tofu press if you have one). You can keep it under heavy pot/skillet for an additional 5 minutes. Using kitchen paper towel pat try tofu.
- Get complete recipe >> Click Here