THE BEST DAMN VEGAN SOUR CREAM
This vegan sour cream needs only 5 ingredients and less than 10 minutes. It's the perfect topping for all your Mexican dishes or anywhere else you would normally enjoy dairy sour cream.
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked overnight
- ¼ cup + 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp nutritional yeast
- ½ cup water
- Place all ingredients into your blender (I used my Vitamix)
- Blend on high for 5-7 minutes, scraping down the sides as needed, until very smooth and creamy.
- Transfer to a mason jar or other airtight container.
adapted from glutenfreeveganpantry.com