Small-batch Maple Scones (Maple Butter Scones)
This small batch of Maple Scones is perfect for a last-minute brunch. The cream scones are quick and easy to make, and you'll want to eat this maple glaze with a spoon!
- 1 1/2 cup (180g) all-purpose flour measured by weight or using the spoon and sweep method*
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons (37g) granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup heavy cream , plus more for brushing on scones
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (120g) powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 tablespoon (14g) butter, melted
- 1 to 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoon maple extract
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat your oven to 425°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
- In a liquid measuring cup or bowl, stir together heavy cream and vanilla.
- Drizzle cream mixture over your dry ingredients and stir, using just enough cream so that a dry dough forms with no loose flour at the bottom of your bowl*. Use clean hands to finish mixing and shape dough into a ball.
- Click here to view complete recipe