SHARP WHITE CHEESE SAUCE
Magic happens when whole foods come together to create this ultra sharp, ultra rich, ultra creamy vegan white cheese sauce, but without the actual dairy. Pure addiction in every bite!
- 2 cups starchy potato (about 3-4 potatoes, see note)
- 2 tablespoons yellow pepper (about 1/3 of a medium sized pepper)
- 3 tablespoons yellow carrots (about 4-5 yellow baby carrots or one medium sized)
- 5 tablespoons sweet or yellow onion (about 1/2 a small)
- 1/2 cup raw cashews (see note)
- 1 teaspoon roasted garlic (about 2-4 cloves, depending on size)
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1-2 teaspoons mustard seed powder (use less or more according to how sharp you like the flavor)
- 1 1/4 teaspoons chickpea miso
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt (can use less or more depending on taste preference)
- Your favorite pasta if making Mac and Cheese
- Roast the garlic by peeling and wrapping it in tin foil with a splash of veggie broth. Roast at 400 F (205 C), in a regular or toaster oven, while you cook the veggies.
- Put potatoes (peel if you don't want specks of skin), yellow pepper, carrots, onion and cashews in a pot and cover with water.
- If you don't have a high speed blender and are grinding the cashews, then don't boil but grind them dry and place them in the blender.
- Get complete recipe >> Click Here