RASPBERRY MACARONS WITH LEMON BUTTERCREAM
- 110 grams almond flour
- 200 grams confectioner's sugar
- 10 grams freeze-dried fruit powder, plus more for decorating
- 100 grams aged egg whites, or at room temperature
- 50 grams white granulated sugar
- food coloring paste
- For Buttercream:
- Lemon zest from 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 cup butter, softened at room temperature
- Confectioner's sugar, about 2 cups
- I've read multiple recipes that ask for aged egg whites, some for up to 3 days. I've tried the recipe with fresh egg whites brought up to room temperature and aged ones and didn't see a big difference. I think the most important part is that they are not cold and straight out of the refrigerator!
- I've premeasured all my ingredients using a digital kitchen scale. Place a bowl onto your scales, tare the weight, which will set the scale to zero and sift the flour into the bowl. Discard any large pieces that didn't pass through.
- For the berry flavor in this recipe, I'm using freeze-dried fruit, which I found at Trader Jo's. Simply place the berries into a food processor, pulse for a few seconds and sift through fine mesh strainer.
- Get full recipe >> Click Here