PUMPKIN, HALOUMI AND AVOCADO SALAD
- ¼ kent or jap pumpkin
- 90 grams haloumi cheese sliced 1cm thick
- ½ avocado diced
- mixed lettuce I used a 4 leaf mix but you can just use rocket
- salt + pepper
- 1 & 1/2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- Optional: pine nuts sprinkle on top of finished salad
- Preheat oven to 180C / 350F
- Chop pumpkin into bite size pieces, place on a baking tray and drizzle with 1 tbsp. of olive oil. Mix together, then separate out. Cook for 30 – 40 minutes, until browned, flipping pieces’ half way through.
- Mix 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil and 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar in small jar and shake to combine to make a basic balsamic vinaigrette.
- Click here to view complete recipe