This Ratatouille recipe comes together quickly for a fresh weeknight dinner. Plus, it's suitable for gluten free, paleo and vegan diets!
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 Tablespoon fresh basil about 3-4 large leaves, sliced , plus more for garnish
- 1 teaspoon herbs de Provence spice mix
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 medium sweet or red onion, sliced
- 1-2 large zucchini (about 1 1/2 cups slices, sliced)
- 1 large Japanese eggplant (about 3 cups slices, sliced)
- 3 large fresh tomatoes (roma is best; about 3 cups slices, sliced)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease a 6"x9" baking dish and set aside. (see notes for baking in an 8"x8" square pan)
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the crushed tomatoes, oil and vinegar. Stir in the garlic, basil, herbs de Provence, salt, pepper, and chili powder.
- Pour the tomato mixture into the prepared baking dish and smooth it into an even layer on the bottom of the pan.
- Get complete recipe >> Click Here