Oatmeal Spice Muffins
Wholesome Oatmeal Spice Muffins are perfectly spiced with crunchy tops and pillowy centers, making them a delicious breakfast on-the-go or anytime snack!
- 2 cups rolled oats (not quick oats)
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 cups flour (all-purpose or whole wheat pastry flour)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted & cooled
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Optional add-ins: 1 cup chopped nuts, raisins, or chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, stir together oats and buttermilk. Allow to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line 24 muffin cups with paper liners. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg; set aside.
- After oats have finished soaking, stir brown sugar and eggs into the oatmeal/buttermilk mixture. Mix in melted butter and vanilla, and then blend in flour mixture and optional add-ins (if using) until just combined.
- Get complete recipe >> Click Here