Marbled Valentine Sugar Cookies
Classic homemade sugar cookies with a fun marbled twist for Valentine's Day. A festive treat for the entire family!
- 1/2 C unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 C granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 C all purpose flour
- Gel food coloring
- In a large bowl or stand mixer, beat together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Mix in egg and vanilla, followed by salt and baking powder. Scrape the bowl as needed. Gradually mix in flour, increasing speed as needed until dough is fully combined and no streaks remain.
- Divide dough in half, transferring half to a clean bowl, set aside. Add a small amount of dark pink gel food color to the remaining dough. Beat until fully tinted and no streaks remain.
- Pinch off golfball sized portions of dough, rolling into balls. Create a pattern of alternate colored balls of dough on your work station. Gently, knead all dough together until swirls of color are visible. Do not over mix.
- Click here to view complete recipe