ITALIAN MEATBALL SUBS
Meatballs coated in marinara sauce, smothered with mozzarella and Parmesan cheese, tucked into club rolls for a delicious family night dinner.
- 1/2 cup almond meal or breadcrumbs
- 16 ounces ground beef 85 percent lean
- 16 ounces ground pork
- 1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese plus ¼ cup for topping subs
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley plus more for topping subs
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt & black pepper
- 1 jar of your favorite marinara sauce
- 2 cups Mozzarella shredded
- 16 Club Rolls or subs
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Gently mix together almond meal (or bread crumbs), meat, Parmesan cheese, parsley, garlic, onions, eggs, salt and pepper.
- Spray hands with cooking spray to make handling the meatballs easier. Use a 1 ½ inch scoop to ensure each meatball is the same size, and roll them by hand to give them a nice round shape before placing them evenly on the cookie sheet (this recipe should produce 36 meatballs).
- Get complete recipe >> Click Here